Hemet Unified School District is maximizing funding resources to provide quality programs for students through an expanded and updated Saturday School Program. Many cuts have been made in personnel, extra-curricular services and instructional materials due to the state’s budget crises. Saturday School programs provide a means of recouping attendance funding (ADA). However, it’s not just about the money. Through Saturday School students can participate in:
- enrichment activities (drama, dance, cooking, art, etc.)
- receive assistance in reading and/or math
- participate in credit recovery and CAHSEE prep classes
- participate in fun science and fine arts activities, STEAM Activities
- increase physical fitness through fun PE activities
While students benefit by participation in fun Saturday activities, the district will be able to recoup funds to help provide continued quality instruction.
The following dates have been established for Saturday School sessions at all Hemet Unified School District sites. You will be notified one or two weeks before each date if your child has had an absence that can be made up.
Date of Saturday School
October 10, 2020
November 14, 2020
January 23, 2021
February 6, 2021
March 6, 2021
March 27, 2021